Saturday, November 18, 2006

Willpower and discipline does you no good in the long run!

Hi Everyone,

The other day someone tried to get me to help them with something by bribing me with a pizza dinner and I refused. Now, granted, I still helped them out - but pizza had nothing to do with it.

Where is this going? Keep reading my friend.














When I refused, this person who shall remain nameless said half-jokingly, "You're the first person I have not been able to bribe with pizza." I told her, "I could really careless about food to start with. And pizza is plain trash." Her response was, "You have such willpower. You're so disciplined." I thought about that for a moment and said to myself, "She really has no clue who I am or what I'm about."

Does she really think everyone likes eating fatty, cholesterol-filled garbage like pizza? Maybe she's wired to think that way - not me. Wired...now there's a new one huh? Ok...I have more to explain.

I thought about it some more and I remembered how many people also accuse me of having such high-and-mighty "discipline" to get up almost every morning at 5am to go to the gym or get other things done.

The truth of the matter is that I have no discipline or willpower! I may be the most undisciplined person on the planet. For me to have willpower or discipline suggests that forces outside myself are telling me to do things I do not want to do - like eat trashy food, sleep extra late, and not work out - and that I'm tempted. I do not experience temptation - as that would suggest I'm completely out of control.

You can reprogram yourself to think anyway you want about anything! Some of us really like going to the gym, eating healthier, managing our finances, treating people well, and staying positive! Not everyone is wired to go with the opinion of the masses.

It's as simple as this...when some first think of pizza...they go mmmmmmm!
When I think of pizza.I go eeewwwwwwwww! (And I'm not the only one.)

When some people's alarm clocks go off...they immediately think "snooze."
When my alarm goes off...I think time to get "rocking!"

Same experience - different programming.

The bottom line formula for long-lasting change is be-do-have!

If you want to be thin...you need to first program yourself to think like someone who LIKES to be thin...then you will voluntarily do what thin people do to stay thin...then you will have a thin body. And this has absolutely nothing to do with willpower or discipline.

If it takes willpower and discipline for you to form a new habit - it will never work long-term. You'll be focusing on being someone you are not and eventually old habits will creep back!

Enough said...get busy starting the reprogramming process and you can have everything you've always wanted.

Until next time...
Peter
www.peterwink.com

PS...Check out my new online Peterwink.com store by clicking here.

PPS...My new video blog will open next month! Stay tuned! I can assure you it will be worth the wait! Check it out by clicking here!

PPPS...Keep checking in, I'm going have a photographer film me in the gym next week. You can see first-hand what it would be like to work out with me at 5am. My intensity and drive will hopefully inspire you!

If you like the free articles on this blog or find them helpful, let Peter know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. Just click here!