Thursday, October 05, 2006

50 ways to get lucky right now!



Hi Everyone,

I have a feeling the title of this blog could be slightly misleading - maybe got you a little excited. Ok...I admit I did it on purpose. And for good reason.

Even though sex is not the subject of this blog - you'll find an article worth reading and yes...you'll find 50 ways to get lucky. Not in the bedroom - but in the boardroom.

I came across a gem of an article written by business guru, best-selling author and management icon, Tom Peters, called "The Pursuit of Luck." This article will show you 50 ways to shake things up and make things happen for yourself and your business today!

You can access it at... http://www.tompeters.com/blogs/main/PDFs/PursuitofLuck1992.pdf

I really liked the advice in this article - especially when he said..."Try it. Cut the baloney and get on with something." This is the only way to make any changes.











This reminded me of something very poignant. A week ago, me and my wife Stephanie dined with marketing wizard and CEO of BluBlocker Corporation, Joe Sugarman and his wife Leila Sas, Mrs. World Competitor.

The conversation between me and Joe quickly turned to success strategies. I'll never forget what he said. Joe stressed the importance of taking risks and trying new things. He personally got where he is by constantly trying new things and and stretching himself consistently. If you knew Joe - you'd know he walks his talk!

That said...at the end of each day, take a moment and ask yourself..."Did I get THROUGH the day? Or did I get FROM the day? What did I learn today? Am I growing or dying?"

And when you're done answering, re-read Tom Peter's article.

Until next time...
Peter
http://www.peterwink.com

PS...Take a moment and browse through Tom Peter's website at http://www.tompeters.com/. There are a lot of great articles and insights!

If you like the free articles on this blog or find them helpful, let Peter know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. Click Here!