Sunday, October 01, 2006

I'm a changed man!


Hi Everyone,

I never thought I'd say it. I'm officially a Mac user!

I just purchased a new iMac with every bell and whistle imaginable. I'm going to use it for all my personal and professional work including audio and video-editing for my upcoming "Peter Wink" Self Development Show."
Cool stuff!

And being Mr. Inquisitive...I took a trip to the library and picked up a stack of books about the iMac, Mac Users, and the Apple company.

I just finished reading one these books, a great one called "The Apple Way." This book discusses 12 management lessons from what's called the"world's most innovative company."

My favorite section, which is applicable to any company, is called "Build the Cult." As most of you know, Apple is a cult brand with one of the most loyal followings of any company - even rivaling Harley-Davidson and NIKE.

Here are some fascinating lessons from Apple on building a loyal following or "cult":
- Use your most intelligent, influential, and committed users to spread the word!
- Come up with the next big thing like they did with the iPod and iMac!
- Encourage users to form their own support groups online!
- Give users a small freebie to provide advice to you about your product/service!
- Become a media darling!
- Always stay one step ahead of the competition!
- Provide high quality at reasonable prices!
- Build temples for your customers like the Apple Store in the brick and mortar world and dot Mac in the online world!

To pick up "The Apple Way" go to...
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Way-Jeffrey-L-Cruikshank/dp/0072262338/sr=8-1/qid=1159737098/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-0725138-6704833?ie=UTF8&s=books

Have to run...I have more reading to do.

Until next time...
Peter
http://www.peterwink.com

If you like the free articles on this blog or find them helpful, let Peter know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. Click Here!