Sunday, March 04, 2007

Gotta love someone with chutzpah!

Hi Everyone!

The other day I was walking through Barnes and Noble looking for a copy of Mac Addict magazine and for some strange reason I was guided to the "Business Profiles" section. (Understand...I do purchase books in this section damn near weekly - I just had no plans on doing it the other day.)

As if I had radar...I singled out a book that may as well have jumped off the shelf and hit me in the head as soon as I walked up. It was called "The Playboy Interviews: Movers and Shakers."

I swear to God (or whatever higher power bestows it's wisdom upon me) that as soon as I opened the book, I immediately was directed to a passage that was very inspirational to me - considering the point I'm at in my career.

The passage (an answer to a question) was from an interview that Playboy did with someone who is not only one of the greatest marketing minds around...he's also one tough SOB! That man is the Chairman & CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), Vincent Kennedy McMahon.













Here's the passage...

"I grew up in a very volatile environment. My view was that if I took a beating and lived, I won! I still have that view. It gives me a tremendous advantage, because I'm not afraid of failure. Don't get me wrong - I hate failing. But I'm not afraid to take chances and fall on my ass, because if I live through it I'll be better off, and I'll win."

As soon as I read this I made up my mind to move forward on a monumental decision. Great timing indeed. It just goes to show that when the student is ready and open, the teacher will appear.

I also found this book to be jammed with great business and personal information about other movers/shakers like Donald Trump, Larry Ellison, Hugh Hefner, Calvin Klein, Bill Gates, Ted Turner and many more!

To get your copy of "The Playboy Interviews: Movers and Shakers" - click here.

Alright my friends...I gotta run!

Until next time...
Peter
http://www.peterwink.com/

PS...I've already taped my first video blog and its available here.

PPS...Watch for the gym pictures! You'll see first-hand what it would be like to work out with me at 5am. My intensity and drive will hopefully inspire you!

If you like the free articles on this blog or find them helpful, let Peter know by buying him his all-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. Just click here!